Sunday, September 11, 2005

going out of the way...

few days back, as usual i was waiting for the long awaited lunch time. as i was in a very stressed up mood(due to the new bloody module i had to finish), i badly needed a good change of environment and to breathe in some fresh air to help me relax a bit.

ok back to that day's lunch story.
so around 1pm, we finally were out and waiting for the lift. and then once we got in..one of my colleague pressed the no 10 button.

me : "errr..aren't we going downstairs?"

CA :"ohh..today a new fren of ours from Indonesia would be joining us for lunch.She just started working in her new office upstairs and she doesnt know any1 here yet.
so we tot inviting her along would be a good idea u see.."

me : "oh..i see..."

and so we reached the 10th floor and headed for her office. the office had a good setup.
with good interior design and lightings n everything.
they had this glass door and when the receptionist saw our lot approaching..she quickly got up and opened the door for us(i suspected tat she was under the impression tat we were there to make some big orders of watever product they were selling).

Receptionist : "Yes..may i help you?"(with a broad grin on her face)

CA : "Well we're here to meet ..bla bla .."

Receptionist : (smile starts to fade..and starts to look suspicious) "may i ask who you are?and does she know you?"

CA : "We are her new frens and we're here to bring her out for lunch"

Receptionist : "Oh..ok..i will call her"
"and by the way....Can all of you PLEASE wait out of the door?
..pls dont wait around here.Thank You"
(turns and goes back to her seat)

Me : **Blinks**errr..did i hear tat right?

well..i guess i was right, coz all of the other colleagues turned to go out of the door like a bunch of hooligans being chased out for entering without permission..arghhh.... and so we stood out at the hot n uncomfortable corridor waiting for this new recruit who just joined in the "datin/datuk" list of mine.and finally she came...a pretty gal i shud say..looks all decent and quiet n sweet.she was introduced to all of us by CA n i saw her lost expression when she heard my name.i guess it must hav been too complicated for her to pronounce.

and off we went..finally heading downstairs.

in the lift..down the corridor..the pathway to the makan shop...in the shop...on the table...
mannn...SHE WAS TALLLLLKING...NON STOPPP...like a broadcasting radio.

my goodness..i've never seen a pretty and cute looking gal who talks soooooo much.
and no..she wasnt talking to me...she was just talking to selected 2 colleagues of mine who could speak in Hokkien.as tat was the only language she was using..and pretended as if there was no one else sitting around her.
my eardrums were abt to split open.if i just had some cotton there, i swear i would hav stuffed the whole lot into her mouth.
the rest of us were kinda lost on the table as she was sitting in the middle and kept blabberring..we couldnt talk over her as tat would be rude.

so i just sat there admiring the restaurant's walls.

and then suddenly out of nowhere a boy+fren of hers came in.another joker added to our lunch group now..wow..this is gonna be soo much fun...i tot...we have more clowns coming in!

and he sat on the other end of the table.and this new gal introduced all of us to this joker who didnt even bother to shake hands or look up at us when we were introduced.and when she wanted to introduce me to him..
New Gal : "and this is...errr...err.."
Me : "Tarzan...."
New Gal : "Right...this is Kakrash"
Me : T____T......**brilliant**

i never knew such a name ever existed in the indian name dictionary..luckily she didnt say Cockroach though.
heyyy wait a minute..mebbe i could use Kakrash for my son!!

and as expected..she started talking to her new mate...Non Stop again..
i just waited for my order to come...started eating and then felt very grateful as all of my colleagues decided to make a move and let the two woodywood peckers to continue talking.

phiewwww.....wat a relieve it was..to finally get some peace n quiet along the way back to the office.
tried my best to relax as much as i could before i reached the office and start facing the things tat makes my life shorter...:(

moral of the story : Offer help only when its necessary.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Haha, been checking your blog a few times for your update. Finally its here ! I cant stop laughing at the Krakash part..good thing no one was at home. hey at least your name is not mine, I have gotten wierder versions of it from people that didnt get it right.(Mai fun? Lai Wan? Wai Fan?) Therefore I dont use it to introduce myself anymore... I rather use my English name.

1:54 PM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

but hor sometimes even with ur english name people might call u something else. :P

4:45 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

hahahaha........all so true

6:03 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahhah..pun..when the thing was happening in real life i was so pissed off..but when i wrote it down n read it, i was laughing just like u..ahahha

aisay...to be exact she wasnt really bothered wat was my name.just wanted to get over wit tat intro with me.so she said watever name tat came up her mind.

haha..hey u know speaking abt ppl talking a lot..it reminds me of the short intro Chun Eng has for me in his blog...ahhahha..anything familiar?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

haha yea, so its time to show that gal your power ! Defeat her with your voice ! haha...

9:48 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

LOL... I'd almost forgotten what intro I gave you that I had to read it up again...

but don't you think it's true??

9:36 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahah..well chun eng u r not the first one to tell me tat..most of my best buds do tell me the same thing too.
i just tend to talk a lot when im wit my right geng(not everytime though)..but at least every1 around me understands wat im talking la..:P
but i never knew my talking did disturb u..ahha..sory abt tat!

next time i'll learn to be more considerate!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

hahaha.......dun be offended
those statements was meant to be humourous...

I was never 'disturb' by your noisy talks

hahahaha......
hehehehe......
muahahaha.....

9:31 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahah..no problem at all chun eng..
actually to be honest..i was grinning broadly when i first saw tat on ur blog..ahahha...!!!
so many ppl told me tat...geeshh..really must control a bit!ahhaha..

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

I thought it was Kakrash? Anyway, I've been called many different names before, such as Jennifer, Jesica, Daphne...

But it's amazing lah, her facial muscles tak rasa penat kah? Talking non stop like that...

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Jennifer, Jesica, Daphne...? Do those sound similar to Steffi?

9:05 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahhaha..steffi looks a bit like Jessica Simpson ma...ahha..tats y la pun..gyahhahha..

ahha..hey anyway those names make u sound hot la steffi..seriously...:P

Kakrash makes me sound like an INSECT!wat an insult!

:P

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Kakrash: So Stephanie not hot lah...Actually, I somehow thought of Dragonball when I saw the name Kakrash...Is that cool enough for you? :P

Pun: I can understand why I'm called Daphne lah, Daphne and Stephanie sounds almost the same when spoken fast. But Jennifer and Jessica? Those were given to me by my Sejarah teacher...

12:03 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

HAHAHA... mayb some history knock ur history teacher to come up some unmatching names... HHAHAHA

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Philip: I'm glad no one has called me Philip yet...:P Unmatching ah, those names? Then what matches me ah? (give nice ones if you dowan to end up with a lump on your head)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

hhhmmmm....Steph,
I think the names Ms. SM and Ms. Threesome are more suitable for you

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

-_- Those ain't names...

9:02 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahaha...dun la giv steffi tat kinda names.
Stephanie itself sounds good to me..
i dunno y..somehow this name reminds me of those high skool girls in those 1970/80s..movies..ahah..
they've always got some kinda unique style..and this name seems to fit them well.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Kakrash: Uh...I'm honoured. *bows* Arigato gozaimashita!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

u mean like those Sweet Valley high kind of girls? haha

9:31 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

heh..i've never seen those series.but after looking tru the net for those pics..ahaha...they seem to fit my description!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home