Monday, August 22, 2005

dreams...

sometimes it makes me wonder..do dreams really mean something?
are they actually supposed to be giving us some signs or warnings on something that is going to happen which we havent got a clue yet?

2 days back..early morning, just before i woke up...i had 2 very wierd dreams..back to back with the same agenda.
it was something to do with..

fire

well it was like this...
first...i dreamt i was in my office with some of my colleagues(dunno who adi)...we were staying back late to finish some work and suddenly my big boss came running in into the office with a panic expression on his face asking us to run away..he said.."The building is on FIRE!..run run.."
i could see smoke coming in thru the door gaps below..
but strangely..i just stared at him..then turning back to my pc...i said..
"i'm not running anywhere...i've got a lot of reports to finish..so u guys can go ahead..leave me alone please"
(goshhh..i never knew i was so dedicated to my work..way to go ash!..u'll be getting increment soon)
and as expected...i just continued my work..and then the dream ended..just like tat..

after a while...i had another one..
i was still at my workplace..but this time i was outside the building and it was at nite..sitting alone on a bench nearby the building..i was just staring at all the people around me...the situation was chaotic..everyone was running here n there and i think there was an ambulance nearby...i could hear the siren.
apparently..the building was on fire...so every1 was trying to rescue the people who were still trapped inside.
and there i was..watching the whole scene like as if it was some sort of movie.
then suddenly a medical team guy approached me(i guess he realized tat i was the onli one seemed to be very free there)..and asked me whether i could drive him to the nearby hospital..
he said he wanted me to drive a very seriously injured guy to the hospital as the ambulance was full.
at first i wanted to refuse..b'coz the tot of placing someone burnt at the backseat of my car seemed to give me some kinda fear..but after the medical guy gav me tat are-you-going-to-giv-me-a-lift-or-not and some lenghty lecture on being human(yes..i remember him sitting beside me on the bench and started telling me abt lending a helping hand when ppl need it)..i finally agreed..
so i walked with him to where the burnt guy was..and the moment i reached..another medical guy came n spoke to the guy who approached me and then they told me..
"mmm...well..i guess u dont hav to worry abt ur car now..the person is already dead..thanks for the help anyway"..and true enuff..i saw a body covered with plain white cloth on a stretcher.
i was shocked..i just looked at the body and strangely i was suddenly so curious to see how the body under the white sheet would look like..
i forwarded to lift up the white cloth to see who's tat....

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i was looking at a familiar face...

Mom : "Wake Up!....its already 6.45am!!!and..y u looking so shocked?having a bad dream..?"
Me : "ermmm..*shakes head*.."
and i tried to close my eyes quickly again..to see if i could get back to the dream..(tis shows how dumb Mr.Ash can get sometimes)

so i guess tat was it...everytime it happens..doesnt it?
the moment u tend to get into the most interesting part of the dream..*blink..blink*..
there u are..staring at ur room...:(

feeling dissapointed..i finally woke up..got ready for work..the same time the corner of my brain silently wondering if this "fire" dream actually meant something..since i never had a same topic dream back to back before...and moreover..the scene abt medical team seemed to be so real..

hoping to finally prove tat tis dream had actually something behind it...i waited..

and so did the day pass...with nothing fire-ry about it..;)

so i guess probably it was just another dream eh?back to back or not..it doesnt make a difference..but then again i just realized tat sometimes, the character who u think is urself in the dream..sometimes is less like u..for instance in thesw 2 diff dreams..the character who was supposed to be me..wasnt like me at all..i'll tell u which part..

1. the part where i refused to leave the office just to finish my reports..(puh-leaasee..i'm not tat dedicated to my work okay..)
2. the part where i was getting lectured for being inhuman..(i wouldn't hav been sitting on the bench at the first place..i would hav been with the crowd.trying to offer as much help as i can)

heh...so i guess dreams are just meant to be like tat..cant do much abt it even if u want..isnt it?

however i do hav some interesting topics related to "dreams" tat actually happened before..heh..well i shall try to write about them soon...
till then...keep dreaming..;)

13 Comments:

Blogger Jyrenze said...

Its been a long time since I was able to remember any of my long dreams. However I do have recurring dreams of finding hamsters in my storeroom. Those dreams started after my dad sold away all our hamsters and kept all their cages away..so i keep dreaming of finding them again, haha

9:40 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ahha..aiyooo..after effects of sending off the hamsters.the poor creature is asking u to look for it back!haha..so did u check out the store room after tat?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

talk about having dreams come true... Ash, maybe the person in your dream is the dark side of you....LOL

and Pun, wonder what dreams you will get when your parents sell off your rabbits...hhhmmmm

6:10 PM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

lol, haha, 50% of my dream belong to fantasy/sci-fi world (watch too much movie already I think)
20% belong to ancient china dynasty.(watch too much drama haha)
30% only belong to present or real life or others.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

My dreams are weird. Sometimes can remember, sometimes can't. Some are freaking scary and feels so real, LOL! But I must say, Prakash, your dedicated self in the first dream, well, that's the first time I heard of ppl willing to get burnt while programming. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I wonder who is that dead person under the white cloth.

12:16 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

eng - yea..hehe..u can see the dark side of me be dark after i get burnt(but i'll make sure i finish my reports!)..hahah

billy - ahaha..wahh..the china dynasty dreams must hav been interesting..any chance u were a warrior or something in the dream?

steffi - mebbe it could hav been me!too dedicated to finish my work u see...hahah..dreammmmsss..anything can happen!but to tell u the truth..i once had a dream that i was seeing my own self walking in front of me!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Haha, no need to check the store room la, the hamster cages have been given away already. And Chun Eng, no one is touching my bunnies !

Hmm I have had dreams of finding stray bunnies though, surprisingly they all look like one of mine.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

aawww....you and your precious bunnies

I'll make sure I treat them really 'well' the next time I visit your house

6:09 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

..wy pun...i guess chun eng's rite..i know y u find stray bunnies tat look like urs in ur dreams.
ur dad must hav given them away!
hahaha..;)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

eng, im sure they will treat u pretty well too. they tend to bite people they dont like, haha

9:50 AM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 AM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

I repost(fixed many typo)
Well Prakash, talk about Sci-fi, I still remember I had a weird dream during the starwars season that I kill Darth Vader & the emperor, and anybody else who is against me and then become a undisputed Darklord that everybody fear. >_> ohh my what a weird dream. HAHAHA

About China Dynasty one I couldn't remember so many of them....Lately since working has been dreaming about reallife stuff, but still couldn't remember them. -_-

7:55 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

whaha...billy..u must hav really had a strong imagination of tat movie and tats y it came in ur dream.
ahhaha...
u know ppl always say tat sometimes dreams usually are things tat we think a lot of.so when we sleep...these thoughts transfer into dreams.and tats why we see it so similar to wat we think in real life.
ahha..but seriously..ur star wars dream is the best i've heard so far!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home