Tuesday, May 02, 2006

1 month....

well, time flies doesnt it?
it has been a month since i got here...so many things happened which i dont even wanna think about now.
seems like something is just not right with everything that i have to go tru..haha..but hey i guess im not the only one going through a bad time..everyone has their own stuff to worry about. i've just got to learn to face it...so im not gonna make a big fuss about it...its just that sometimes it frustrates me when whichever move i make, ends me up in some kinda mess...and i've never experienced it this bad before...haha.

anyway this proverb seems to be a great help to me...it lifts me up whenever i think im hitting the edge..

"if it doesnt kill..it only makes you stronger"

but overall, im still surviving..heh..the workload and everything that comes along with it is getting a bit out of hand. way beyond that i can imagine of...but its still okay...somehow something would pop up at the last moment and saves my day...the day when nothing pops up...i'll blog it..that time you guys can analyze the whole story..heh..till then, lets leave all these crap aside...i've got enuff in my head..i dont want to read it in words.

besides work, i didnt really do much. work seems to be taking up a big deal of my time and mind. but somehow my music lessons has been helping me relax a lot..im kinda glad that i got into something like this.at least it helps to divert my attention to something more enjoyable once in a while.

this weekend i will be taking some additional classes with my teacher's teacher from india. she's back here again for some work and decided to take private lessons for a few of us. i'm kinda anticipating the classes but its just tat the payment kinda shucks.
2 days classes (6 hours in total) would cost me RM500... :( ..there goes my savings for this month.
but i guess u've gotta sacrifice somethin if u want somethin.
so im not gonna think to much about the money part...i'll take it as an opportunity to improve myself.

my mom and dad taught me to respect the elders...so when i meet them, i'm supposed to address them as uncle or aunty.
but in my company im calling all the uncles and aunties by their names...this feels wierd.
i've never worked with soOOOOOO many oldies before...i just had 1 in my company last time..and he let us call him "uncle"..and he was my boss.
haih...1 messed up world..this is.

hmm...well...i seriously didnt plan what to write...and now i dunno what else to write.
so i'll just leave it here for now..cant think of anything else that makes sense.
just wanted to say hi to my blog.

cheers guys

17 Comments:

Blogger BillyTong said...

Friend, U have FAIL to enjoy ur self.
Try to ENLIGHTEN a bit.

Life is simple and easy. Everything is gonna be fine. It is not the end of the world. Visit my blog or friend's blog if u feel dull. or msn us.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Lol I also feel so weird calling my boss by his name, coz thats what all my colleagues call him.

11:06 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

billy : hahahahha....i just love the pics!especially the one with the cat..yeap billy..pls update ur blog more often..with more pics!

pun : haha..u get the feeling too?yea..same here.i mean i know everyone is doing that...but its just tat i find it so awkward to call them just by their first name.those tat i hav to address by Mr. or Ms. ..still okay.but not all u can call using Mr. n Ms. rite...nanti besar kepala dia pulak.

10:38 AM  
Blogger YSLim said...

if u call them as uncle or aunty, they will feel sad because of....feeling old..

9:34 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

I agree with YS. Calling by their name will actually create a closer bond and not make them feel old.

I've never experienced this in my office... dunno is it good or bad 'cos all my colleagues are youngsters.

The aunty in my office is the cleaning lady who's I think is over 60 years old. That... we call her Aunty as a respect to her.

How about you guys?

12:40 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

ys : yeah..i agree somehow even calling someone uncle doesnt feel right in the office environment.like not professinal kan...

eng : lucky la u eng..aihh..im the youngest in my dept..:(..all my other colleagues are 27 n above..the new recruits pun 27 n above..i really dunno how i got in..somethin went wrong somewhere.

but thankfully my seniors are kinda the playful type..suprisingly they act very young for their age.cracking jokes n all...ahha..so i guess they really dont want me to call them uncle n aunty eh..:P

12:57 PM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

Dear friend..

I do have a different perception on ur seniors. 1st They like to act young and joke around is because they believe this will enhance the friendship between them. It will also allow them to create a delightful environment in a dull office. 2nd. U are below 30.....there are still 40~50 yrs for u to be a matured person. Wouldnt it be a bit too late to act young at the age of 50?

Yes, I do agree with YS this time, calling someone uncle or aunty create an age barrier between u and him. It is not about whether their think u make them feel old, it is about friendship. They may be ur seniors, but they are still just you friends outside working environment.

Tips, u can use Sir or madam to address someone who is very senior. It shows some respect to them. You dont really have to call their name with these term if u feel awkward.

10:56 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

billy..u should open up a consultant service somewhere man..u really hav tat skill..haha.

anyway..u r right mate..somehow their easy to go kinda attitude actually makes it easier for me to approach them.

no seriously..i really dun wanna call someone uncle or aunty in the office..its worst than calling them by their names..;)..i just dont think it should be tat way.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Well, the best thing is to call them Mr/Ms So and So at first, and then call them whatever they want you to call them after that. I call my lady boss by her name becoz she insisted on that, and my Guy boss as Mr So and So since he didn't ask to change that when I first called him that. ^^

11:16 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

yea..tats a good idea.usually thats wat i do..
i remember once my music teacher told me to not call her madam..haha..she said..

"im not that old u know.."

9:59 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

hhhmm... some ppl like to be known that way because they feel respected. and calling a person by their name doesn't work with everyone. guess we'll just have to know them well enough to know how they want to be called.

11:41 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

yea..but as for me.
i would just like the person to call me by my name.
whether young or old..i dun mind.
it makes me feel closer to them.

last time in skool my junior prefects love to call me "Abang,Prakash"...haha..i keep telling them to just call my name!!
in the end..

i gave up..didnt know they respected me so much..

1:36 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

ya Abang Prakash....

10:51 PM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

From now on we will be calling u "Abang Prakash"

5:34 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

wei...dun lar..hahah..
ash is fine!

no need the abang abang all!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

Abang Prakash, so how's the new workplace?

no news alr wan!!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

abang pulak!

hehhe..okok..update coming soon..i oso realized tat long time din update adi..;)

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home