Tuesday, March 21, 2006

MyKad, Temporary IC, Offer Letter, Company Letter, Driving Licence and Passport..all these just to...

next time, before u think that opening a new bank account would be just a piece of cake....
think twice...
well here's what happened to me when my new employer informed me that i would need to have a RHB Bank account in order to get my salary in.so well, thinking that its just a small issue, i went to the bank one afternoon and got the form to fill up from one of the customer services guy.

Scene 1

he handed me 2 pieces of paper and told me to fill it up and proceed to counter 9. i did as i was told and upon reaching counter 9, i handed in the forms and was asked to give my IC (MyKad) and then the officer at counter 9 realized tat i filled up the wrong form and gave me another 2 different forms to fill up. feeling slightly irritated that i have write all the stupid crap all over again..i sighed..but decided not to make a big fuss since the officer was very polite to me.
he told me to fill up the form while he go n check my MyKad (he was going to use the electronic reader to read the chip in the MyKad, to get my details).so i patiently wrote all the details again into the 2nd set of forms..cursing under my breath occasionally as my handwriting was going senget due to the lack of use of pen these days.
finally i finished and handed over the form to the officer, by then he himself was looking for me to inform me that my MyKad chip is not working and he couldnt read the details and told me one of the most ridiculous thing i ever heard.

Officer : sir, apparently there is something wrong with your MyKad chip.

Me : Oh, ic..(thinking that they should have some other alternatives to fix tis tiny prob)

Officer : i'm sorry to tell you that we cant open an account without being able to read the MyKad.

Me : har?

Officer : maybe you could go to the IC Department and ask them to check for u. see if their electronic reader there can read the chip. If can, ask them to print out a copy of your details and we can proceed with the opening of an account. If they cant, then they will hav to redo your MyKad and will give you a Temporary IC for 6 months. After 6 months, you will get your new MyKad and then you can open an account.

Me : Stares at him with a what-the-hell-r-u-talking kinda look..6 months????? 6 monthss??

well so since after all my attempts to argue was pointless..i decided to just check out the damn MyKad in the IC Department the next day since its was already almost evening.

Scene 2

Next day morning me n my dad decided to go to the IC Department located in Shah Alam itself, 10 minutes drive from my house. Nearby the IC Department was another branch of RHB Bank, so we just decided to try our luck once again before going to the IC Dept.

The officer in that branch also repeated the same thing to me but however i was a bit luckier this time as this guy told me that in the case that i am given a Temporary IC, i could still try going to the RHB Branch where my company has an account and try to explain to them my problem and they "might" open an account for me as this was for company purpose..and he even told me another stupid news.
my driving licence has expired...T__T
he said i need to hav a valid driving licence if i wanna open an account.

WHY??WHY??why the hell must my stupid driving licence expire 2 days ago?WHYYYY?

Praying hard that the IC Department would just be able to read the bloody chip and i dont have to go to another branch, i proceeded to the IC Dept.
The guy there, checked my MyKad and told me the great news that my MyKad sudah rosak and i need to do a new one and i would have to pay RM10 for it.
feeling frustrated i paid and he told me that i would need to go and take a picture..i was like...whattt?

i was just wearing a normal T-Shirt tat day and my hair was all over the place after walking from one building to another...and he asked me to take a pic with tat!!
arghhhhhhh...couldnt they just transfer my old pic to the new ic or somethin?
fellin even more bengang...i went for the damn picture session and took a pic that i would be carrying around with me for the rest of my life (or at least till i loose it)...so pls dun ask me how the pic turned out.

after moving from one counter to another..sign this n tat...cop tis n cop tat...i got my temporary IC.
and after that i proceeded to JPJ to renew the stupid monkey donkey driving licence!

i knew what i had to do the next day.

Scene 3

i called my new employer and explained my problem and the HR told me that the branch where the company has an account is in PJ and she told me to bring along my offer letter and if at all the bank needs anymore letter..she asked me to call her from there and she will just fax it over to the bank.
she was kind enuff to offer me that..at least i wouldnt have to go back on another day just for that.

so yesterday...i went to the bank in PJ and thinking wat else is gonna happen today...i stepped in.
a gal approached me and i explained the whole story again, she said they would not open an account with a temporary ic..and i told her, no matter wat..i cannot be waiting for six months just for this.it is getting ridiculous!

she said she will talk to her senior staff abt this...and she approached a man.
he called me and told me the same thing again..but then after seeing my company letter head, he at once said he would open the account for me provided that...

I BRING MY PASSPORT!!

give me a breakkk!!!
i told him that my passport is at home in SHAH ALAM!! and my dad usually keeps all our important documents in the bank.
i have to go back all the way and get it and come back here again...getting a parking here is almost impossible.
he said no choice..he needs my passport.
and guess wat...?

he told me tat i filled up the WRONG FORM!!!

AGAINNNNN...

im really gonna murder these people!!

and againnnn...i filled up another 2 different forms...my handwriting was horrible this time..who cares..if u DARE...i wanna see u complain.
man!for heaven's sake...how many thousand forms and procedures do they have just to open one miserable account!

after filling up..i went back all the way to shah alam, took the keys from home..went to the bank..took the damn passport and drove back allll the way to PJ again.

and as i stepped into the bank again..i was telling myself...if they are just gonna ask me to bring one more form...my birth certificate or my grandfathers shipping ticket or my mothers ic or my grandmothers death certificate just to prove that im a malaysian and not a pelarian...

im gonna run amok...im gonna tear this place down...im gonna tear the forms..im gonna break the glasses...im gonna break the tables...im gonna SCREAAAAAAAAMM(ok..i dun wanna get myself landed in prison..i'll stop here)

and thankfully...thank god...thank the angels..thank the sky..thank the earth...thank the toyols..
i finally managed to open the damn account!

well i guess they have all these procedures for security reasons, cant really blame them and thankfully all the RHB Bank staffs that i met have been very nice to me.polite and helpful and that actually made all these running up and down more bearable.
maybe i was just unlucky..so happen all my documents have decided to go crazy at this particular moment.


13 Comments:

Blogger YSLim said...

haha! ya.....RHB story....i still bear in my mind about one of our project title was "create RHB bank home page", the structure of navigation in their offical site can easily lead confusion...........

some more when i working part time and i wanna to open the account, that RHB want me to provide my company letter to proof my identification.......second time my aunty also went together with me, some thing again......haih.....

8:40 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

yeahh...sometimes i really find all these procedures a bit ridiculous..after all at the end of the day..its is US who will be putting out hard earn money into THEIR bank..
so whats all the fuss about?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

Use other banks if you have a choice. I had no problem opening bank accounts in PBB or SBB. Only problem is that there's like 'hundreds' or 'thousands' of forms to fill... and it's all repetitive asking your name, ic, address etc... I find it totally ridiculous but not as ridiculours as Ash's

7:02 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

yeah eng..tell me about writing the same thing over and over again.

and wats even funny was..they wanted to scan my MyKad to get all my details..so why do we have to fill up all those details back again in all the forms?

i really dunno how the hell their system works la..

10:42 PM  
Blogger YSLim said...

scan IC is in ensure your identification......

just that u need your MYKAD to put money not take money........is also kind like......

RHB is fine.....only using MyKad,
i went to Maybank, they need our mykad, in addition, want us to provide our fingerprint. i wonder they wan to match the fingerprint or.........they wanna to store our fingerprint.....

if they used it to stored our fingerprint, it is against the law(hint hint...)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Lol, another unsatisfied customer of our government service, seems to be plenty such commplaints lately eh... I'm going to declare my income tax next monday, lets see what stories I have to tell you guys then, haha

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

ROFLMAO!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! That was so funny lah...sorry for laughing yeah, ash. Just can't help it =D

Actually RHB's procedure is probably one of the simpler ones...just that you were unlucky to have all your important documents screwed up at the same time...

10:09 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ys : finger print?hahha..wahlau...malaysian banks gettin high tech adi eh..just hope they'll be able to maintain it in the long run la..not just gempak onli.

jyrenze : heh..yea pun, join the club!

steff : yeah la...haih...thankfully im at home.else sure leceh.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

wah... Pun also can afford to pay her income tax alr..

makes the rest of us feel poor. or maybe we are poor...

11:57 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

yeah la..all kaya raya adi..
so nice..

here i am..no car for myself also..sad sad...

11:20 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

hey... you're not the only one...
I also no car... but getting one soon before the interest rate increase again.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Declare la eng, doesnt mean that im taxable ok.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home