Wednesday, March 01, 2006

did u do something?

Client : Hello.May i speak to Miss.TripleA please?

Me : Hello. I'm sorry Miss.TripleA is not in the office at the moment. Would you like to leave a message for her instead?

Client : hmmm..well.may i know who's speaking please?

Me : its me Ash here.

Client : ohh..Ash. its me Ms.Client here. u do remember me right?

Me : of course i do.how can i help you Ms.Client?

Client : well...i was wondering if you could guide me on how to generate this particular report...yada yada..(proceeds to explain abt the report which i hav no clue abt and i was bz replying my fren tru msn while she was explaining...;))...actually Miss.TripleA already thought me how to do it..but somehow when i try to do it now,the report doesnt want to come out la.i think sure your system got some error la..aihh..pls la..try to fix for me..do u think you can help me ar?

Me : ohh..of course (at this particular point i had no idea what i was agreeing to)..can u give me like 5 minutes. let me start up the system first and i will give u a call once im ready and then i would be able to guide u better.is that ok Ms.Client?

Client : sure..thanks ya.

(after 20 minutes..i totally forgot that i was supposed to call her back was bz with somethin else..and suddenly remembered that someone was waiting for me to call back)

Me : Hello, may i speak to Ms.Client please?

Client : Yeah speakin. Hello there ash.

Me : sorry for the delay Ms.Client.the system here had some problem.finally i managed to run it. (that was a downright lie..at that particular moment i was busy digging my folders to look for the damn project...and somehow i really couldnt locate that particular version of the system that she was referring to)
Now..y dont u explain to me step by step what u usually click in order to generate that report. I'll try to do the same from here n check n see why u are unable to generate it.

Client : Ok. First i Login. and then i click X and X and then i do Y and then i do that. can u follow me so far?but u see la...sure wont come out one...i already did many times..

Me : yyyea..sure..err..just try one more time k(ok..yea...finally found the project...opening it now...ehhh..nola...this one wrong version!alamak...)

Client : then when i click this right...usually there will be a text box appearing here on the left.now i dont see it..what happened to it?

Me : err..that one..we removed it to enhance the performance...earlier that textbox was causing the system to perform much slower..(...clicked on the run icon..waiting for the system to load)

Client : ohh...no wonder la now the system much faster...last time abit slow like tat.

Me : yeah yeah...(thanks for believing me..)

Client : Ok.now i click this n this n tat..and now im waiting for the thing to load..u also clicked the same rite?u see aa...sure it wont load one... i tell u..wont come out one...

Me : yeah..i also clicked the same..im waiting for it to load now...(typing in login n password..hang in mid air...arghhhhh...im in a hurry!!cant we save all this hanging for another day??..)

(at this point i started inventing a new story to tell her when she tells me that the report is not coming out)

Client : Ehhhhh...waitaa...ehh....the report came out la!ohh..my god..how come suddenly can one...eh..u did something ar?did u modify the system for me?..no wonderla now can run already!thanks ar..thanks..!!

Me : (@$%#%^$&??)
err...yeah..yeah...i actually just created a script and updated your database remotely while you are checking.this problem was caused by a database error actually...i managed to figure it out and corrected it while u were explaining to me.

Client : wahhh....so fast.not bad not bad..thanks a lot arr...

Me : no problem..he he..small matter onli.(finally the main page loaded..;))


ok well i made that last 4 lines up...hehe..but actually she did ask me if i did somethin.but then i decided to tell her the truth.i even told her tat my system here is hanging in mid air for some strange reason.hehe..but she was happy nevertheless..for her..as long as the report can be generated..she's safe.her boss wont bang her.

but the thing tat caught my attention was when she asked me..."ehh u did somethin ar??..no wonderla now can run already!!thanks ar thanks!"..
haha..at that precise moment i was actually thinking of banging the mouse on the table.coz i was already really stressed up with other matters on tat day..and all these small problems was just driving me up the wall...and i knew that this lady is gonna make me fix this bug no matter wat and that would take up at least a few hours and all my other work is gonna get stuck.

haha..but what d'ya know...strange things happen when u dont expect it eh

13 Comments:

Blogger Jyrenze said...

ahahhaa hey thats funny. YOu know sometimes solutions do appear as we r asking others for help, dunno y.

1:02 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

haha..i mean..since she was so confident tat she was right and i oso was mentally preparing myself that i will be ending up fixing something for her..which i really hated...coz i really didnt have any spare time..

i just knew i was gonna fix it for her...but suddenly..no need!

hahaaha..

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

*SNORTS* AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! That was hilarious! Almost burst out laughing at office...evil lah, u, ash...

I kow tow to you lah...

11:46 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

hahha...i can become an expert liar if i just answer 10 calls like tat in one day la steff..

wierd wierd stories all forming in my head..the moment i start talking to clients abt system performance..:P

6:29 PM  
Blogger YSLim said...

hard to concentrate doing work during chatting.......that's why i seldom use msn during working...hehehe!

9:47 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

haha..yea..
but somehow i always feel sleepy whenever i cant chat.

but this time i was busy coz of the real work...haha..and moreover i knew it was Ms.TripleA's work..tats y i malas wanna do la..:P

10:07 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

I salute you my bro. I need to learn your lying skill from you lar... when can you teach me?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

:D HAHAHAHA tis ash is expert in lying. Wheres my lie detector?

Fast thinking thou :D good job. U can switch to jobs tat require u to talk alot and still able to chat on msn :D


"YSLim said...
hard to concentrate doing work during chatting.......that's why i seldom use msn during working...hehehe!"
AHEM, i saw alot of ppl chatting while working, some even terror, on msn, on yahoo im, on icq, on skype. U cannot on msn issit :D i smell lie, mayb u juz learned from ash... hahaha

11:17 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

weiiiiiii..dun make me look as if im a professional liar ok...!!

im not!

eng : oi..im not teaching u anything..hahha..:P

philip : they just came out spontaneously la..maybe i learned these skills from my other colleagus..hehe

waita la u guys...one day when u start doin customer support..u will know how to do all these..automatically..;)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Eng said...

YS said, "hard to concentrate doing work during chatting.......that's why i seldom use msn during working...hehehe!"

shows that he can't multitask. in this modern tech-age, you can't multitask means you are slow. if you are slow then how to impress your boss? how to get promotion and good increments?

11:10 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

wahh..eng..apa pasal ini macam cakap..nanti YS marah baru tau!

hahha..

but somehow la for me kan..without msn in da office..i always tend to feel sleepy and really cant do work.
so whenever im sleepy..the best medicine is msn..haha..and a gal called jyrenze would be the best person to kacau..:P

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

Which reminds me, you have not been on msn for almost 2 weeks! What are you doing at home???

9:57 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

hahah..wish granted!
see pun..today i came online..even before reading this comment!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home