Friday, December 19, 2008

need Your blessings...

after so long being deprived from the opportunity to use MSN at work..finally we found a way to secretly use it again..
and the following was a conversation i had with one of my fren yesterday...

Disclaimer : this post has no intention to make fun of any particular religion..its just a unique practise which i thought of sharing with you guys..;)

fren : sigh panic panic at my office..

fren : you know, my office has this rule..

me : and wats tat..

fren : we must play Buddha songs during system roll out to the the live server.. The Buddha song is to bless the whole roll out process so that it will run successfully..

me : hahahha...u serious mate?

me : first time im hearin this kinda thing

fren : yah.. weird kan..aih but somehow the praying is making me more panic saje..

fren : but they have been doing it for many years...

me : haha..tat means ur boss is quite religious

fren : dono..only our department got such thing

me : haha..but its kinda cute

fren : yah last time I thought someone like to listen to buddha chanting music but later I only i found out its a practice during roll out..

me : haha..i really find it so special lah

fren : me too :P

other topics...

me : so ur product launch tmr?

fren : no today

me : u nampak relex je

fren : if I am the manager then I will be panic lah

fren : I am just another employee ma :P

me : haha

me : Buddha is helping u stay calm la

fren : no the chanting is really not helping..

me : hahaha..really ka

fren : i feel like im inside a temple saje

me : hahahaha!

fren : lol


Btw, my friend is a Buddhist himself..so i guess he was just sharing with me the unique custom of his new workplace..
hehe..even i find it special..i wonder if you guys came accross anything similar bfor..

at my place here its surely gonna be weird since we have alot of Muslim friends around..i really cannot imagine them listening to some Sanskrit Chanting or Buddha prayers during system roll out...

i guess its surely good to have faith in God..but its also important that all the staffs are open minded enough to take it positively..
luckily my fren's colleagues r ok with it ;)

Update

this part taken from my chat with Jyrenze after she read my post.

J¥®ëñzë : haha go see my comment!

me : hahha ok

me : hahahha

me : yea..i've heard budhhist chanting befor..its like very sad like tat

me : but i think kan..its supposed to make u realize all the mistakes u've done..and insaf la..haha..my wild guess..:P

J¥®ëñzë : ahahha

J¥®ëñzë : but it doesnt sound like its gonna bless IT codes

J¥®ëñzë : more like

J¥®ëñzë : makes u wonder wat u done wrong!

me : hahahhha..aiyoo this one is a good one!

me : ..i never tot of it this way...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jyrenze said...

U know for me if i hear tat chanting thingy it reminds me more of funerals la... imagine funeral music playing at product launch...

11:48 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

hahahahaha..aiyoooo...
mebe thats what making my friend so panic..
he really fears something bad is gonna happen..

they find a different tune perhaps..at least wont bring back the funeral memories..

11:50 AM  
Blogger YSLim said...

i doubted whether that buddha or god know anything about IT...

or they probably answered your prayer "sorry, i dunno microsoft..."

11:53 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

hahha..yea...

as i was telling Jyrenze..i somehow just find it hard to imagine a connection between God and IT...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home