Monday, May 28, 2007

ash..now i want u to listen very carefully...

2 weeks back ash celebrated his 24th birthday..:D
like i was telling everyone..very soon..u can start calling me uncle ash...how exciting isnt it..i cant wait to reach that moment..
-__-

haha..anyway, its amazing to see that we've reached this far..wonder how long more is there to go..
i had a simple but memorable b'day as i received many sweet n meaningful wishes that touched my heart..
thanks for the wishes guys..:)

one of the unique wish i received was by my office colleagues..since i am now based at my project site (which is the most boring University Malaya Hospital, PJ)...my colleagues decided to give me a suprise call.

i received a call from the Asst. Vice President of my subsidary at 8.30am..

Boss : Ash, i want u to listen very carefully now...its something urgent.dont interrupt me when i speak..listen ok..listen.

Ash : err..ok..sure.

and then...a group of my colleagues sang the b'day boy song together gether on the other side of the phone...there i was, trapped in the Federal Highway jam listening to my b'day song..over the phone...haha..well it was nice of them to do that...i was smiling away all tru the jam.
usually we dont celebrate anyone's bday in office as most of us are always away..so this call was something unexpected for me.
and during lunch..all of them came over to the hospital to company me for lunch since i cant go back to office. tat was sweet..although we just ate in the normal indian shop just around the corner, its the effort they put that made all the difference.

and so did so many of u guys..thanks a bunch for making my day...appereciate it alot..:)

i didnt hav any other celebration though..my dad was sick, my mom had to work OT due to some last minute work..and my uncle from Kedah was supposed to arrive at my place at night.
with all these, i just told my dad to tapau Cantonese Fried kueh teow(haha..i really felt like eating this..dunno y) for my dinner..:D
so thats about it..but i guess food doesnt mean much rite..;)
its all these nice wishes and the fact that some took the trouble to wish u that that makes the day special.

hmm..well on another note, every year on my bday, the same thought arises in my head which is to firstly appereciate the fact that i've been alive n in one piece for 24 years(thouch wood..thouch wood).
and i keep wondering how long more will i take to achieve wat i've planned for my future..although im slowly progressing towards it..i guess its normal human nature to see the complete house as soon as possible..even tho the renovation work is still going on...haha..if u get wat i mean.

so hopefully all of us are able to achive what we want and live long with many many many kids to carry our name...:D

15 Comments:

Blogger Eng said...

wow Uncle Ash, I so envy you lah... my b'day memories was never as sweet as this... wow!!!!

and Ash, there's nothing wrong being called uncle by those who's supposed to call you so, rite???!!!

and gosh... it sounds like you're ready to start a family... hahaha well done... well done

and speaking of makan, when are you going to arrange the gathering you promised?

and way da go man... looks like you have the most happening birthday celebration and presents ever!!!!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this was really great to read...thanks for sharing this with us...well do keep posting more such stuff..will surely be back for some more!!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

May your birthdays get better each year, haha... suddenly reminded of Steffi saying how bdays get a bit sad as we get older, lol.... but looks like thats not happening to you. All the best for your future plans... hehe

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Uncle Ash...I can't remember whether I have wished you or not...but in case I haven't, HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!

"so hopefully all of us are able to achive what we want and live long with many many many kids and to carry our name...:D"

Yah, because you don't have to carry them, but HEY! There's this male pregnancy thing going on now...who knows? It might be available to the public if it's successful, and at that time, I think you'll be at just the right age. :D

9:22 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ceh eng..where got presents lar..unless u wanna buy me one..still got time u know..:D..i'm 24 till my next b'day..so anytime eng..anytime..
my doors are always open..

haha..yea i wanted to meet up u guys last week..but i had to stay back for work..even this week..so tight.
but not to worry..i will try to c how next week is..maybe once u start at ur new place..it will be nearer rite.
and NO eng..i wasnt planning about my family!!how could u make SUCH an assumption!!
CIS!wat a disgrace to my ambitions and aims!!
arghhh...
:P

haha..pun..it is definetely getting sad!!
u see..i had tapau-ed cantonese fried kueh teow for dinner!!!
no more makan makan in some nice place or mom cooking some nice dish to celebrate...sigh..where were those good old days..:(

9:28 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

thanks steff..
and again..someone tot i was planning about my family!!
STEFFFFFF!!

haha..maybe i should hav specified abit more clearly..but well..maybe some other time..

im trying hard to reduce the belly..i dun want anythin tat can make my belly big..so no thanks steff.

i'll leave that for the ladies...
**salutes all the moms around the world

9:38 AM  
Blogger YSLim said...

ash interested on male pregnancy thing as what steff mentioned above?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Eng said...

Ash, I'm a very fair man... you buy me lunch/dinner, I buy you present... a fair deal. you give and take at the same time... ;)

and pls, this was what you wrote:
"so hopefully all of us are able to achive what we want and live long with many many many kids and to carry our name...:D"

and to live long with many many kids, you have to start building it now otherwise, you'll be too old... it's not that you'll have a good chance of conceiving twins like me!!! LOL!!!

oh... and we have a new commentor in Carol... who is she? your new one?

hahaha... till then, cheers!!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger ashes said...

ys : no way ys!not interested at all...hahha..:P

eng : haha..well i did say many many kids..but doesnt mean they hav to be "my" kids la..they could be other ppl's kids who take me as their "mentor"..:P

no..i dunno Carol actually.seems like Carol's blog has some promotion on b'day gifts n stuff..maybe tats y its related in this post.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jyrenze said...

eng, u sound like u r the one thats gonna conceive, not your future wife. maybe u should consider the male preg thing after all. u can be the 1st man to conceive twins

10:27 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

haha..i just realized it after u mentioned..

hehe..eng..apa macam..mau cuba ke?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Jonquina said...

Ahahahaha, I started the ball rolling eh?

12:12 AM  
Blogger BillyTong said...

"its normal human nature to see the complete house as soon as possible..even tho the renovation work is still going on...haha..if u get wat i mean."

I'm in that process now, trust me it feels very good even the house has not complete.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i agree wat bt said :) it feels vry good while u r waiting for it to be completed :) hehe

uncle ash, u can sing to me when its my birthday nex time... hahahahahahaha...

8:34 PM  
Blogger ashes said...

billy : its the positive feeling tat we're working towards achieving something tat makes the everything so exciting :)

philip : sure philip..if i was good as pun, i would write for u a poem lagi..haha

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home